Men, do your whiskers have you whining? Does the stubble on your chin erase your grin? Frown no more. This recipe for The Best Shaving Cream for Men will have your face feeling great in no time. Moisturizing, smoothing, and soothing, this shaving cream will nourish skin, allow a smooth, close shave, and make that stubble no longer trouble. What’s also great about this shaving cream is that it is all natural and extremely simple to make. The special blend of ingredients with the purest essential oils will allow you to never buy a can in store again.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Before I dive into the “how to”, I want to explain why this is The Best Shaving Cream for Men is so effective to use:
Essential Oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. An essential oil is obtained by careful steam distillation, but also through cold pressing, of the plant. The purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they were extracted because the plant’s properties are so concentrated. Some of the oils I recommend to use in the shaving cream are:
- Lavender– The Swiss Army Knife of essential oils. With it’s herby smell, lavender is one of the most effective oils that can be used to soothe and smooth skin.
- Blue Spruce – This oil contains high percentages of alpha-pinene and limonene which act to promote the health of your skin.
- Peppermint– Invigorating and energizing, this oils helps to refresh and soothe skin.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree Oil) – Tea Tree Oil is one of the most popular oils to use to promote healthy skin.
- Frankincense- A powerhouse of an oil that aids in rejuvenating, moisturizing, and balancing out the tone of your skin.
- Lemon- A citrus oil that tightens pores and clarifies the skin. (store in glass jars only as the citrus oils will degrade the petrochemicals in plastics.)
I only use Young Living Essential Oils because they are 100% pure, food-grade oils. They are steam distilled and cold pressed without the use of harmful chemicals in production. They are one of the only companies that has a Seed to Seal guarantee, meaning at least a 28 step process that ensures the purity of the oils. You can visit any of the YL farms around the world to see the process and where the oils you purchase come from! That’s really important to me! You can order them HERE.
Base/ Carrier oils are used as a base oil to “carry” the other ingredients, and your essential oils, in your creation. The purpose of the carrier oil is to add moisturizing and soothing properties to your skin. These carrier oils often have almost no scent at all. They will not alter the scent of the essential oil that you will use to create your shaving cream:
- Coconut Oil– This is one of the most natural moisturizing and hydrating oils that is known to promote healthy skin.
- Cocoa Butter- Super rich in anti-oxidants, cocoa butter soothes and smooths skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil – Helps to keep your skin soft and smooth. It is an anti-inflammatory and powerful anti-oxidant.
Here’s what you need to make 4-6oz:
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons of organic cocoa butter
- 1 teaspoon of Sweet Almond Oil
- 5-6 drops of Young Living Essential Oils. I used 3 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia). Other great choices to use are Peppermint, Frankincense, or Lemon. You can be creative with your mixture- there is no exact science.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- Mixer or hand mixer
- glass storage jars
Here’s what you do:
- In a double boiler, heat the coconut oil and the cocoa butter until it is melted. Remove from the heat once liquefied.
- Add the sweet almond oil and Young Living Essential Oils into the melted mixture and stir to incorporate. Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in the baking soda. This will give the shaving cream texture and act as a binder.
- Allow the mixture to return to room temperature. With a mixer, whip until a “fluff” consistency is reached! This will take a few minutes.
- Once whipped, store in an airtight container in a cooler place (to keep the structure). Use within 2 weeks.
- This recipe will make 4-6 ounces.
Slather the DIY Shaving Cream on and shave away! Be ready for the smoothest skin ever!
You also might like: