A few years ago, I visited a good friend in Seville, Spain. While there, I ate, drank, and experienced so many wonderful things! The food there was OUT OF THIS WORLD! Each morning, I started my day with some simple, but hearty, Breakfast Toast- Seville style. I made my own version of it when I came back to the states, and I eat it often. It is really easy to make, clean, and filling. Accompanied by a delicious cup of espresso or strong coffee each morning, when I enjoy this toast, I am transported to the little cafe (with the orange seats:) in Seville. Good times!
Here’s what you need:
- Slices of a thick, crusty, grainy bread. I used a fresh baked 6 grain brown bread.
- 6-8 grape tomatoes or the equivalent using other varieties
- 1 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling on toast
- salt to taste
- 1/4- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
Here’s what you do:
- Puree tomatoes, teaspoon, and salt together.
- Toast the toast. 🙂
- Drizzle the toast with olive oil.
- Spread the tomato puree on the drizzled toast.
- Layer slices of avocado on the toast.
Caution: Seville Style Breakfast Toast can become extremely addictive! Buen Provencho! Check out my adventures in Seville, Spain HERE while you are at it!
You might also like: