I love making my own body care products. My last batch of body cream was made using a base of Shea Butter. Check out my YUMMY recipe for that here. I have always wanted to make some out of cocoa butter. I had heard that cocoa butter makes your skin really smooth and soft. UMMMMM YES IT DOES! I am SO happy with the results! This Cocoa Butter Peppermint Body Cream is one of the richest, luxurious blends that I have ever made/ tried. The recipe is easy follow, easy to make, and will WOW you too!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need to make 4oz:
- 1/2 cup unrefined, raw, organic cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 1 teaspoon grated beeswax
- 5-8 drops of Peppermint Young Living Essential Oils (You can really use any flavor you want but be sure to use ONLY these oils because they are 100% pure and potent.)
Here’s what you do:
- Using a double-boiler, melt the cocoa butter, coconut oil, and beeswax. Stir to incorporate well.
- Take off the heat.
- Add in the sweet almond oil and the Young Living Essential Oil. Stir to incorporate.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. I refrigerate the mixture for about an hour or so.
- Allow the mixture to return back to room temperature.
- Using a hand blender, whip the mixture until the consistency resembles a loose frosting. After whipping, the oils will harden a bit again, so be careful not to whip it too much- 3-4 minutes or so.
Enjoy! Stay soft and smooth!
You might also like: