Are you ready to have your tastebuds travel to a fancy confection shop in Paris?!?!? Well, let’s go! I recently needed to make a dessert to take to a friends house, and I thought I would try my hand out at making something chocolatey and delicious. I searched through my stash of recipes, sifting through tons of recipes that seemed too complicated to make. I was looking for something quick, easy, and simple to whip together. I was intrigued by a recipe I found from France- in French, but I lacked some of the ingredients necessary. Well, I pretended I was a French candy maker, and I made my own version using what I had in my pantry. These Cocoa Dusted Chocolate Bon Bons came out tasting SO delicious and were ridiculously easy to make. These will go in my repertoire for ever more….. C’est magnifique!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- dark chocolate bar (Fair Trade) I used a 90g size
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, plus enough for dusting
Here’s what you do:
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Once melted, add in the butter until that is melted as well.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add in the yolk, sugar, and 1 teaspoon cocoa powder. Stir well.
- Refrigerate until solidified, which is about an hour.
- Once solidified, break apart the chocolate mixture and roll into bite sized balls.
- Roll the balls in the cocoa to coat.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also: