Who wants a face that feels like a piece of sandpaper after a shave??? I am pretty sure EVERYONE would answer “NO” to that question! I decided to make a chemical-free, soothing, DIY After Shave for my husband’s shaved face. He would often say that he wanted something natural to soothe his skin after using a razor. This after shave works to soften and soothe his skin! The blend of 6 simple ingredients acts as an antiseptic and helps to revitalize skin to a healthy state. Check out how easy it is to make…..
This May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s why it works:
Witch Hazel acts a a skin soothing antiseptic. It will cool the burn after a shave.
Aloe Vera will soothe and moisturize the skin. Known for it’s anti-inflammatory purposes, it will help smooth skin.
Vegetable Glycerin acts as a moisturizing barrier that locks the moisture in your skin.
Sweet Almond Oil contains vitamins and minerals that help nourish the skin making it glow!
Peppermint Young Living Essential OIl– Peppermint oil is known to bring a refreshing, soothing feeling to the skin leaving smooth and soothed. ( I ONLY use these as they are 100% pure and safe to use. They are steam distilled or cold pressed, allowing no synthetic chemicals to be used on my skin or to be ingested! Order them HERE)
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup of witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin
- 1 teaspoon of sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 10 drops of Young Living Essential Oil ( I used peppermint. Tea tree, lavender, and lemon would be great choices to use as well due to their soothing, antiseptic properties.)
Here’s what you do:
- Mix all ingredients together in a bottle and shake well.
- Dab on the face after a shave.
- Shake well to incorporate before using it again.
It is that simple!
You also might like: