My skin has been very dry and rough with the change of seasons. I’m also running out of my favorite body butter. I decided to make a DIY Body Butter. I am so happy I did. It was easy to do, cost-effective, and I used Lavender Young Living Essential Oils to scent my moisturizer (which made it smell AMAZING!). I’ve been using it for a few days now, and I will probably never buy lotion again. I think I have a new favorite. If you want soft, smooth, healthy skin, then make this easy moisturizer!
This May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 8 drops of Young Living Essential Oils, your choice of scent
Here’s what you do:
- Melt the coconut oil, beeswax, and olive oil together in a double boiler.
- In another, melt the aloe vera with the almond oil.
- When melted, combine all oils.
- When all the oils are melted together, shut off the heat. Add in 8 drops of Young Living Essential Oils of your choice.
- Whip the oil mixture with a mixer for about 1-2 minutes until your mixture becomes creamy.
- Scoop the creamy mixture into containers of your choice, and allow to cool before covering.
- Enjoy the moisture and aromatherapy this body butter will provide!