Many times throughout the year, I find myself with dry and dull looking skin on my face. Exfoliating your skin is one of the best ways to keep it looking bright and healthy. This DIY Carrot and Cinnamon Exfoliating Facial Scrub is the perfect way to make your skin glow. Without the use of synthetic-chemicals, you can soften and soothe skin, all the while helping to reduce the signs of fine lines and wrinkles. Who doesn’t need that???? Within minutes, you can be on your way to a beautiful face!
The most common cause for dry or dull looking skin are the dead skin cells have not been removed to reveal a healthier layer. This DIY Carrot and Cinnamon Exfoliating Facial Scrub gently removes this unwanted layer, leading to some shining, polished skin. The special blend of ingredients literally will feed your face allowing you to put your best face forward. 🙂
Here’s why it works:
- The sugars contain glycolic acid, which helps to boost collagen production, which helps to plump up skin. Glycolic acid is found in many of the fancy expensive store-bought facial products you can purchase.
- Coconut oil contains antioxidants that help to moisturize your skin and smooth it.
- Jojoba oil locks in moisture, plumping skin.
- Vegetable glycerin helps to coat your skin with a layer that locks in moisture, naturally.
- Grapeseed oil is also filled with healthy fatty acids that that help to nourish your skin.
- Vitamin E oil moisturizes the skin and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It blocks free-radicals.
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil moisturizes skin and helps protect it from UV rays.
- Cinnamon increases circulation and soothes skin.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic white sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons jojoba oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 5 drops Young Living Carrot Seed Essential Oil (Get them HERE)
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
******** I ONLY use Young Living Essential Oils. They are of the highest quality, PURE, cold-pressed or steam distilled (meaning NO chemicals are used in their production like many store-bought ones), and SAFE. Young Living Essential Oils go through STRICT testing and monitoring procedures to insure their purity and content. They are a Start to Seed company which means that you can trace the lots of oils back to the very fields they were grown on, therefore their production process as well. Click HERE to order Young Living Essential Oils.
Here’s what you do:
- Combine both the brown sugar and white sugar in a bowl.
- Cut in the coconut oil by using the back of a fork to smash the coconut oil together with the sugar.
- Add in the vitamin E oil, Glycerin, jojoba oil, and grapeseed oil and mix together to combine well.
- Add in the carrot seed oil and cinnamon bark oil and stir well. Voila!
Gently use a small amount of water and about 1/2 teaspoon of scrub and massage gently around your face and neck. Obviously, avoid your eyes. 🙂 Rinse with warm water and enjoy the smoothest, healthiest looking skin EVER!
Follow this up with my DIY Natural Wrinkle Cream!
You also might like: