Eyes need a rest? Think about it…. We use our eyes for every minute, of every day that we are awake. Are eyes are even moving when we sleep! This constant use makes for some tired eyes!!!!! Soothe and relax them with this easy to make DIY Soothing Eye Pack! Take 5 minutes out of your day to kick back and place this pack over your eyes for some serious calming and soothing effects. Place over your eyes before bed to send you into the most restful night of sleep ever! It takes only about 15 minutes to make the pack, and offers an endless amount of comfort! It is so easy to make….
This May Contain Affiliate Links
Lavender essential oil is one of the most calming, soothing oils out there! The scent, coupled with the warm pillow softness over your eyes will send you into bliss. Great to use anytime of the year to soothe tired, uncomfortable eyes!Check out this DIY Soothing Eye Pack! Make it in minutes and give your eyeballs a much needed rest! 🙂 Click To Tweet
Here’s what you need:
- One 5” X 22” piece of fabric
- 1 1/4 cups of rice
- 4 drops of lavender Young Living Essential Oil ***( I ONLY use Young Living Essential Oils because they are 100% PURE! They are steam distilled or cold pressed without the use of harmful chemicals in production. They are one of the only companies that has a Seed to Seal guarantee, meaning at least a 28 step process that ensures the purity of the oils. You can visit any of the YL farms around the world to see the process and where the oils you purchase come from! That’s really important to me! You can order them HERE )
Here’s what you do:
- Fill a bowl with 1 1/4 cups of rice. Add 4 drops of Young Living Essential Oils to the rice and stir. Allow the oil to absorb while making the rest of the pouch.
- Fold the piece of fabric together so that the fold is on a short side. The right sides should be facing each other.
- Sew the two long sides closed using a 1/4″ seam allowance. Leave one short side open because this will be the top where you fill it .
- Flip inside out so that the wrong side turns in, and the seams are now on the inside.
- Using a ruler, make a horizontal line about 1 inch inward from the OPEN short side with tailor’s chalk . Then, starting at that line, draw 3 other horizontal lines, evenly spaced, starting from the line you drew to the other short side. These lines will be used to stitch over, in order to create baffles for the heat pack. The baffles allow the rice to stay dispersed (more evenly) throughout the pack.
- Stitch ONLY on the 3 parallel lines you drew.
- Separate the rice into 4 equal parts. Put each part into a baffle using a piece of paper like a funnel.
- Next, fold the open side down once about 1/2″ and then again 1/2″. This will create the seam to close the pack. Pin and sew closed.
You can now warm the pack up in the microwave for 30 seconds, and use to heal, soothe, and comfort uncomfortable eyes!!
**** If in the future you would like to replenish the scent, use a seam ripper to open the horizontal seam, refill or re-scent, and re-close!
You might also like: