Having an uneasy stomach is no fun and no joke. It could really ruin a good day! To aid in the minor ailment of stomach discomfort and alleviate occasional nausea, I made these DIY Natural Stomach Soothing Ginger and Lemon Drops.
DIY Natural Stomach Soothing Ginger and Lemon Drops
Ginger has been used for thousands of years support a healthy digestive system. Lemon and honey have too! WOW! Can making an all natural antispasmodic be any better? ! These babies work in no time at all to put the hop back in your step! With 4 simple ingredients, you can create these drops within minutes – minus refined sugar, artificial flavors, or other unhealthy ingredients. BONUS: These drops also work wonders on supporting a healthy respiratory system as well! Keep these on hand to support a life of health and wellness.
Ginger essential oil is distilled from the root of the ginger plant and lends itself to a wide variety of applications. Ginger Vitality essential oil benefits are derived from its naturally occurring constituents zingiberene and beta-phellandrene, making it a key ingredient in supporting healthy digestive function. Why did I just call it Ginger Vitality? Here’s why:
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup good quality honey
- 3/4 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 4 drops each of Ginger and Lemon Young Living Essential Oil (you can use peppermint or lemon) I ONLY use Young Living Essential Oils because they are the ONLY oils I feel are safe to ingest. They are either cold-pressed or steam distilled, without the use of chemicals in production. You can order them HERE.
- candy thermometer
- silicone baking dish/mold *optional
Here’s what you do:
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey on low heat until 300°F. This is important because the drops won’t harden properly otherwise. BE CAREFUL not to heat the honey heat that is too high!!! The honey will burn very quickly! Be careful because the honey will be VERY hot as well! (obviously)
- Remove honey from heat as soon as it reaches 300°F. Notice the bubbles got very small and foamy when it neared 300°F.
- Add in the coconut oil and the essential oils. Stir to incorporate.
- Quickly, pour about 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture into the silicone mold. The honey will begin to harden quickly! If you don’t have a mold, no problem! Just make small drops on waxed paper and the honey will harden the same.
- Allow the drops to cool, and they will harden!
- Wrap each drop in a rectangle of parchment paper. Put the drop in the middle of the rectangle of parchment paper that’s approximately 3 inches wider and 2 inches taller than the size drop that you make. Fold the top and the bottom down over itself and over the drop. Twist the corners to make a candy wrapper.
- Store these in a jar in the refrigerator as they will collect moisture and get sticky over time.
Suck away and enjoy an easy stomach!!!!
You might also like: