Have you ever looked at the ingredients of baby wipes or popular hand wipes sold in the stores? I dare you to be able to pronounce all of the them! Laden with synthetic and sometimes toxic chemicals, store-bought wipes are SCARY and often cause irritations and adverse reactions! I am a teacher. Hand washing is something I do SEVERAL times a day. Since I don’t have a sink in my classroom, baby or hand wipes are my only options to keep my hands clean throughout the day. After using them so frequently this past year, my hands became dry, itchy, and bumps formed all over the sides of my hands and my fingers. After going to the dermatologist, it was determined that my skin was reacting to something in the wipes….. YUK. That’s when I decided I had to make my own DIY Natural Hand and Body Wash Wipes! These also are great for travel and camping too! NO SYNTHETIC CHEMICALS FOR ME!!!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Making your own DIY Natural Hand and Body Wash Wipes is easy and so cost effective.
Here’s what you need:
- About 1/2 of a roll of heavy duty paper towels folded like an accordion
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 2 tablespoons of witch hazel (acts as a skin smoother and soother)
- 1 tablespoon of 100% aloe vera gel (a skin moisturizer)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, liquified (anti-bacterial and moisturizer)
- 10 drops of Tea Tree, Lavender, or Purification Young Living Essential Oils (I ONLY use Young Living Oils because they are 100% pure and potent)
- container- can be a repurposed wipe container, plastic zipper bag, jar, etc…
Here’s what you do:
- Mix all ingredients together (except the paper towels) in a bowl.
- Place the towels in the container. The container should be airtight and leak proof.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the paper towels. Allow the liquid to absorb into the paper towels.
Enjoy using your synthetic- chemical free wipes and keeping your wallet filled with cash.