Have you ever looked at the ingredients of baby wipes or popular hand wipes sold in the stores?!?!?! I dare you to be able to pronounce all of the them! Laden with synthetic and sometimes toxic chemicals, store-bought wipes are SCARY and often cause irritations and adverse reactions! I am a teacher. I am a camper and hiker. I am always “making” something. I am always getting my hands dirty! Hand washing is something I do SEVERAL times a day. Hand wipes are sometimes/ often my only option to keep my hands clean throughout an activity. After using store-bought wipes and developing a weird bumpy reaction to them, I decided I had to make my own DIY All Natural Hand Wipes! I bring them everywhere with me, and always can have clean hands! NO SYNTHETIC CHEMICALS FOR ME!!!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Making your own DIY All Natural Hand Wipes is easy and so cost effective. With only the use of natural and organic products to create them, there is virtually little to no chance of having any adverse side effects. Within minutes, you can wipes that will keep you clean!
Here’s what you need:
- About 1/2 of a roll of heavy duty paper towels. (You will have to adapt the width and the length of these to fit into your container.)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of witch hazel (acts as a skin smoother and soother)
- 1 tablespoon of 100% aloe vera gel (a skin moisturizer)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, liquified (anti-bacterial and moisturizer)
- 10 drops of Tea Tree, Lavender, or Purification Young Living Essential Oils ( I ONLY use these as they are 100% pure and safe to use. They are steam distilled or cold pressed, allowing no synthetic chemicals to be used on my skin or to be ingested! Order them HERE)
- container- can be a repurposed wipe container, plastic zipper bag, jar, etc…
Here’s what you do:
- Mix all ingredients together (except the paper towels) in a bowl. Set aside.
- You will need to fold the paper towels like an accordion. Keep all the paper towels attached on the perforation. Start with the first sheet and fold it back. Now keep the first and second sheet together and fold them forward. Then keeping the three sheets together, fold them back. Next keeping the fourth sheets together, fold them forward. Repeat this process, creating an accordion-like pile, for all the paper towels.
- Place the towels in the container. The container should be air-tight and leak proof.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the paper towels. Allow the liquid to absorb into the paper towels.
- When ready to use, pull out the first towel and rip along the perforation.
Enjoy using your synthetic- chemical free wipes and keeping your wallet filled with cash.
You might also like: