What’s so great about DIY Shaving Cream? So many things!…Ridding your body care products of as many synthetic and possibly harmful chemicals can actually enhance the health of your skin. Blue and Pink gels that are scented with lab-created smells don’t appeal to me- in so many ways. Another reason is that making your own DIY Shaving Cream saves you money! Who doesn’t like doing that? For a fraction of the cost for a store-bought can, you can make the same amount and save your change for later! For soft, moisturized, healthy skin, take a few minutes and whip yourself up a fluffy batch. It’s so easy to do….
This May Contain Affiliate Links
Recently, I have been busy making as many natural products as possible. I have made a DIY Natural Wrinkle Cream , DIY Beard Balm, DIY Body Butter, DIY Body Cream made with Mango Butter, and many more… I am really excited to make this DIY Shaving Cream to add to the list! It left my skin silky smooth and moisturized. I used Lavender and Tea Tree Young Living Essential Oils which helped soothe my skin, and it smelled DIVINE! Made of 6 ingredients, it was so easy to make!
Here’s what you need:
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons of cocoa butter
- 2 teaspoons of Sweet Almond Oil (mine has Vitamin E in it which acts as a preservative and skin soother but the Vit. E is optional)
- 5-6 drops of Young Living Essential Oils. I used 3 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia). Other great choices to use are Peppermint, Frankincense, or Lemon. (I ONLY use these because they are steam distilled and cold pressed without the use of harmful chemicals in production. They are one of the only companies that has a Seed to Seal guarantee, meaning at least a 28 step process that ensures the purity of the oils. You can visit any of the YL farms around the world to see the process and where the oils you purchase come from! That’s really important to me!)
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- Mixer or hand mixer
- glass storage jars
Here’s what you do:
- In a double boiler, heat the coconut oil and the cocoa butter until it is melted. Remove from the heat once liquefied.
- Add the sweet almond oil and Young Living Essential Oils into the melted mixture and stir to incorporate. Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in the baking soda. This acts as texture and as a binder in the shaving cream.
- Allow the mixture to return to room temperature. With a mixer or a hand mixer, whip the mixture to the “fluff” consistency of spreadable frosting! This will take a few minutes.
- Once whipped, store in an airtight container in a cooler place (to keep the structure).
- This recipe will make 4-6 ounces.
Slather the DIY Shaving Cream on and shave away! Be ready for the smoothest skin ever!
You also might like: