After a remodel in my home, I wanted to bring nature indoors for my decor. I wanted to create art that incorporated outdoor elements, such as wood, stone, and organic materials. Staying within a super low budget was easy when I made these 3 pieces of DIY Stick Art! I used mirrors, cardboard, sticks and glue to make these. I love the minimal, spa-like, and soothing look of these on my wall!
This May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- Picture frames or mirrors where the glass or mirror are indented, or set inward
- Cardboard from an old tissue or cereal box
- Sticks from outside, 1/8-1/4″ in diameter (Bamboo Skewers would work well too.)
- Aileen’s Tacky Glue
- Double stick tape
- Scissors or pruning shears
Here’s what you do:
- Cut the cardboard to the exact size of the indented glass or mirror in the frame.
- Gather enough sticks to fill the space on the cardboard. Cut them to the length they are needed to fit on the cardboard.
- Cover the cardboard with glue, and press the sticks firmly into it.
- Allow the glue to dry. When dry, use double stick tape to attach the cardboard to the glass or mirror.
Voila! Easy, beautiful Stick Art that looks like you bought it in a high end retail store for one million bucks! 🙂