Cleaning a toilet is a hard job! Harder and more gross, are the chemicals needed to do the job! That scares me! I made these DIY Toilet Cleaning Fizzies to help do the dirty work! With 5 natural ingredients and about 15 minutes, you can have the cleanest toilets in town!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
- 15 drops of lemon, peppermint, or Purification Young Living Essential Oils. (You can certainly use any scent, but I only use Young Living because they are 100% pure essential oils.) You an order them HERE
- silicone molds, ice tray, or a deep measuring spoon
Here’s what the ingredients do:
Baking Soda– this is the “basic” component of the cleaner that helps to eliminate odors and stains. Baking Soda is also acts as a gentle scrubbing agent as well.
Citric Acid- this is used for many things- preserving food, cleaning, and skin and bodycare projects. As a cleaning agent, it helps to bind certain metals and minerals, therefore dissolving things that cause stains,
Vinegar- this contains acetic acid which is an anti-bacterial. Therefore, it cleans the commode very well.
Hydrogen Peroxide- this is a powerful sterilizer killing germs, bacteria, viruses, and yeasts.
Young Living Essential Oils- These 100% pure essential oils not only smell amazing, but they also have properties that deodorize.
Here’s what you do:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the baking soda and the citric acid.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the peroxide and vinegar.
- Slowly, drip by drip, mix together the liquids with the dry ingredients. If you do not combine them slowly, the chemical reaction that will take place will cause a foamy mess. Keep stirring throughout this process. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Add the Young Living Essential Oils of your choice and continue to stir.
- fill either a silicone mold, ice tray, or a deep measuring spoon with the mixture. Pack it in the mold as much as possible. If you are packing a measuring spoon, allow the molded mixture to dry on a tray.
- Allow the filled molds or the molded mixture to dry overnight. Remove the dried mixture from the silicone molds or the ice tray. These are now your toilet fizzies!
- Store the fizzies in an airtight jar.
Place one (or two if extra cleaning is needed) into the toilet bowl and walk away! The fizzies will clean the commode! It is that simple!
You might also like: