If you know me at all, you know I LOVE making my own Natural DIY bodycare products. Today’s feature- DIY Natural Grapefruit Salt Scrub!!!! Welcome in the summer season (or brighten up any other time of the year) with this light, bright, moisturizing scrub! The result- you will LOVE the smell and your skin will feel amazing!
Making my own products leaves me the flexibility to tailor them to my liking; I make the exact scents I like ( and have tons of fun mixing and experimenting on new blends), I make them exactly the consistency or richness that I want (thicker/coarser=more TLC), and they are all devoid of harmful synthetic-chemicals. The best part of making my own products is that I can save TONS of money as these scrubs cost a fraction of the price of store-bought ones and you can have make them in MINUTES!
Ths post may contain affiliate links.
Why does this scrub work so well? The special blend of a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry is the secret to making such a YUMMY DIY Natural Grapefruit Salt Scrub:
- Epsom Salts draw out dirt, impurities, and toxin from the skin. It is a perfect exfoliator as it removes upper layers of unwanted layers of dead skin cells to reveal the healthier skin underneath.
- Coconut oil contains antioxidants that help to moisturize your skin and smooth it. Coconut oil is a vitamin for your skin.
- Jojoba oil locks in moisture, plumping skin. Jojoba oil is also full of vitamin E and B which helps to heal and nourish your skin.
- Grapeseed oil is filled with healthy fatty acids that that help to nourish your skin. Grapeseed oil helps to repair broken capillaries on the skin’s surface which helps to neutralize the appearance of the skin.
- Almond oil is easily absorbed and full of antioxidants that help to smooth and protect skin. Almond oil is known for helping to reduce dark circles and spots on your skin.
- Vitamin E oil moisturizes the skin and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It blocks free-radicals which can damage skin cells.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/4 cup Epsom Salts
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil or grapeseed oil
- 10 drops of Grapefruit Young Living Essential Oil, ( I ONLY use these as they are 100% pure and safe to use. They are steam distilled or cold pressed, allowing no synthetic chemicals to be used on my skin!)
Here’s what you do:
- First, in a bowl, mix together the Epsom salts and the coconut oil. (I mix it together with a similar technique to cutting in butter.)
- Next, add in the almond OR grapeseed oil, and the jojoba oil and continue mixing.
- Then, add in drops of Grapefruit Young Living Essential Oil. You can adjust the scent if necessary based on your preference by adding more or less of the oil. (You can also experiment with the oil blend by adding a complimentary oil such as rosemary, bergamot, or lemongrass. FUN!)
- Store in a container for 2-3 months (It won’t last that long! … PROMISE!)
Rub on dry, rough skin in the shower! Rinse and enjoy smooth, soft skin! Enjoy!
Bonus photo! Dexter got to enjoy the grapefruit too after I was ate it! 🙂 Who knew he LOVES grapefruit?!?
You might also like: