Summer time. It’s when the sun shines, the weather gets warmer, and your pups can finally go outside in New York and roll their backs in the grass. This lovely season also brings an army of mosquitoes, black flies, and ticks. YUK! Boo!
Dexter, my dog, loves hiking and running in the woods whenever possible. One of the worst things in the world though is when he is SO uncomfortable when he gets swarmed with all kinds of flying critters. I HATE to see this! I ant him to be enjoying the outdoors without things buzzing around his head or body. This DIY All Natural Outdoor Spray for Dogs forms an annoyance free bubble around him so that he can concentrate on the things he loves best. That would be hiking, slogging through muddy puddles, and laying in the sun all day long like a beached whale. Now he can do this safely and we can all relax! 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links.
Your pup can enjoy the outdoors “annoyance free” with this DIY Natural Outdoor Spray for Dogs. This special all natural blend allows dogs to run free and not to be bothered with bites or buzzes. The tings that I put on Dexter’s skin is very important to me. I want to keep him as synthetic-chemical free as possible. Using this DIY Natural Outdoor Spray for Dogs keeps everyone happy and unchewed!
Here’s what you need to make 2-3 oz:
- 1 teaspoon jojoba jojoba oil or sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 drops Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 drops Young Living Geranium Essential Oil
- 4 drops Young Living Purification Essential Oil
- 4 drops Young Living Citronella Essential Oil
- water to fill the bottle
- glass spray bottle ( I use these small glass spray bottles that work REALLY well and are travel-sized)
***** I ONLY use Young Living Essential Oils, especially when using them with Dexter. They are the highest quality, PURE, cold-pressed or steam distilled (meaning NO chemicals are used in their production like most store-bought ones), and SAFE. Using SAFE oils with dogs is SO important because they metabolize things differently than people. PLEASE DON’T USE ANY ESSENTIAL OILS THAT YOUR DOG CAN INGEST UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE CHEMICAL FREE!!!!! Young Living Essential Oils go through STRICT testing and monitoring procedures to insure their purity and content. They are a Start to Seed company which means that you can trace the lots of oils back to the very fields they were grown on, therefore their production process as well. Click HERE to order Young Living Essential Oils.
Here’s why this all works:
- Jojoba or sweet almond oil, and olive oil are all carrier oils that allow the spray to coat the skin and fur in a fine mist.
- Lavender, Geranium, and Purification Essential Oils are not liked by many bugs. Purification Essential Oil is a special Young Living blend that include citronella. Citronella has been proven to repel annoying insects.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Mix all ingredients together in a spray bottle and shake very well to combine.
- Spray generously on your dog’s fur and under side, obviously avoiding eyes, nose, and sensitive areas.
You might also like: