There many different kinds of breakfast people in this world! Some eat it, some don’t. Some are breakfast “pickers”, some are “sit down” breakfast people. Some people eat big breakfasts, and some like it light.
Hands-down, I’m a breakfast, non-picker, eater. I like a filling, warm, and substantial breakfast. Normally each morning, I find myself enjoying a breakfast burrito consisting of egg, avocado, a small amount of cheddar cheese- wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. This is my go-to, mostly healthy, breakfast that I can grab and take on the go. This breakfast burrito keeps me full until lunch time. I like it. However….
In hopes to cut down on some carbs and to add a little variation into my mornings, I was inspired to make this Quinoa Chia Power Breakfast Bowl. At first I was skeptical of having quinoa in my morning meal as I use it mostly in many dinner recipes. Let me tell you though, quinoa has made its way to my breakfast menu and it is here to stay! This Quinoa Chia Power Breakfast Bowl meets all of my breakfast criteria. It is warm, filling, and teeming to the brim with protein and goodness. The flavor is full and creamy, yet light and vegan. The sweetness of the cranberries balances with the nuttiness of the pecans. The coconut flakes on top add the perfect flavor to seal the deal. This recipe is a must try…This post may contain affiliate links.
This Quinoa Chia Power Breakfast Bowl is the perfect way to start the day. It will give you the fuel you need to power your day. It is so simple to make and it tastes so good!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup cashew milk, unsweetened light coconut milk, almond milk, OR hemp milk. ****You can use any kind of milk you want here really.
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (Check out how I make my own maple syrup)
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons dried unsweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes****You can use any kind of fruit/nuts you want here.
Other toppings I use for amazing variations are:
- Apples, walnuts, and coconut flakes
- Banana, 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter, and coconut flakes
- Peaches, 1 teaspoon almond butter, and coconut flakes
- Pomegranate seeds, 1 teaspoon cashews, and coconut flakes
The possibilities are endless.
Here’s what you do:
- In a sauce pan, combine the quinoa, chia seeds, milk, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed all the liquid.
- Place the quinoa in a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.
- It really is that simple and delicious.
Be sure to comment below if you tried it, and how you liked it!
You also might like: