Kale is a staple in my household! There are so many ways to prepare it- making chips, sautéing it, in smoothies… One of my favorite ways of eating it though is in this Simple Kale Salad. DO NOT let the simplicity of this salad fool you for the taste to be had! The lemon sherry vinaigrette will have you craving more! The feta cheese brings in the perfect amount of salty goodness. The kale is super earthy and the texture is out of this world due to the massage you give it. Yes, you massage the kale! I promise you, this isn’t a salad to be missed!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- One head of curly kale (you can use any variety you want)
- Feta cheese cubed into bite sized pieces
- cucumbers, sliced
- grape or cherry tomatoes
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice if 1/2 of a lemon (I use this lemon juicer)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar (a sweet vinegar)
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what you do:
- De-stem the kale leaves and chop into bite sized pieces. Put in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking all of the dressing ingredients together. Add the dressing to the kale.
- Massage the kale. I use a either a leftover plastic produce bag or a zipper bag to massage the dressing into the kale. This means, gently squeeze, and rotate all the kale in the bowl. Massaging the kale will help to break down the cellulose structure and make it softer to eat. The color will change throughout the massage to a brilliant green. Kale can be rough or tough to eat raw if it isn’t massaged!
- Add in the tomatoes, feta, and cucumbers and give the salad a light toss!
Enjoy! I guarantee you will craving more, the moment you finish your bowl!