I was in the mood to make something with some beautiful, red, ripe strawberries I had sitting in my fridge. I decided to make this Strawberry Maple Crumble so that I can use some of the maple syrup I just made in the recipe as well. Not only was I able to throw this dish together in no time at all, it is actually relatively healthy also. The crumble packs in a good protein punch!!!! That makes it all worth it!:)
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
For the filling:
- 1lb of ripe strawberries, chopped and hulled
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the crumble:
- 2/3 cup flax seed meal
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon organic brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- Real Maple syrup to drizzle
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the strawberries, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients for the crumble except the butter and maple syrup.
- Now add the butter. You can use a fork to stir it in or your a fingers. You want the crumble to be crumbly!
- In a greased oven safe baking dish, line the bottom with the strawberry mixture.
- Sprinkle the strawberries with the crumble.
- Drizzle the crumble with maple syrup.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the fruit bubbles and the top is golden brown.
Enjoy with some Maple Whipped Cream !