A while back, I used to buy Tea Tree Toothpicks from the health food store. I like (and sometimes need) a gum alternative , so these are the perfect thing to keep with me in my bag. Who doesn’t like a fresh mouth???? Today, I saw them at the store, and I gasped at how expensive they were! I decided that I would return home, and make my own toothpicks…. for 1/4 of the cost!!!! They were ridiculously easy to make. You only need 2 things to make them. A MUST HAVE!
This May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- Young Living Essential Oils – I would use Peppermint, Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree Oil), or Thieves
Here’s what you do:
- Put the number of toothpicks you want to make in a container. Make sure it has a lid that can be attached.
- Put 3-4 drops of the oil of your choice on the toothpicks. Add more or less to your liking.
- Cover, and shake vigorously to coat all of the toothpicks.
- Allow the container to sit closed over night so that the oil penetrates the wood.
- Pack your toothpicks up in a re-purposed medicine bottle, tic tac container, or the like , and keep it in your bag for when the garlic breath takes over!