I love tomatoes! I love them in every form- sauces, salsas, fresh, in soups, etc…. Something about baking them though makes it one of my favorite ways to eat them. Baking them concentrates the juices and lends to much more intense, sweet, tasty bites. Adding the panko breadcrumbs on top adds the perfect amount of texture to the tomatoes and intensifies the flavor even more! You really can’t go wrong! These Baked Tomatoes are perfect for a side dish or as an appetizer if you use smaller tomatoes. They take about 25 minutes to make, only 5 of which is active preparation.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- a MISTO to spray olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of Italian flavored panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Mist the top of the tomatoes with a spray of olive oil.
- Divide the breadcrumbs up evenly among the tomatoes and cover the tops. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mist olive oil one more time over the breadcrumbs.
- bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the tomatoes are the softness that you prefer.