This Beet, Goat Cheese, and Candied Pecan Salad is one of the BEST tasting salads I have ever had! I used fresh roasted beets that I got from my CSA. I made the candied pecans in about 20 minutes. (These pecans are RIDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS and so quick to make!!!) It is my go to salad making something fancy for a dinner party, because it is SO easy to throw together and looks great.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
For the salad:
- 3 medium beets
- 4oz. Goat Cheese
- Mixed greens- including arugula, lettuces, spinach, kale….
- 1 tablespoon of dill- freshly chopped
For the candied pecans:
- 1 1/2 -2 cups of pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
For the Shallot Vinegrette:
- 2 tablespoons of Mirin (Sweetened Sake)
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 medium sized shallot- minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
Here’s what you do:
To make the candied pecans:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, mix together the honey, water, and sugar. Allow it to boil unitl the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the pecans. Stir until they are fully covered and coated with the syrup. When there look like there is no syrup really left on the bottom of the pan, the nuts are ready to transfer to a cookie sheet.
- Spray two cookie sheets with olive oil from a MISTO.
- Spread the nuts onto one cookie sheet and make sure that they are not on top of each other. Bake in the oven for a total of 10 minutes, Turn the nuts once or twice to make sure both sides get toasted.
- Remove the nuts. Immediately transfer the nuts to the second cookie sheet and allow them to cool. If you can put them into the fridge or freezer, they will harden a bit faster.
- Once cooled, break the nuts apart from each other.
***I love to candy nuts in this way! It is surprisingly easy to clean up after- the honey/ sugar syrup just dissolves away in water.
To make the dressing:
- Whisk together the mirin, rice vinegar, minced shallot, a pinch of salt and pepper, and olive oil.
To make the salad:
- Layer the greens in a bowl.
- Sprinkle dressing on the greens and mix.
- Sprinkle goat cheese on the greens.
- Dress the salad with the candied pecans and beets.