Nothing beats a chilly weekend morning warmed by this amazing Blueberry Maple Oatmeal with Caramelized Sugar! Oatmeal topped with a crispy crust of sweet, brown sugar. YUM! Believe it or not, this elegant dish takes minutes to make. As fancy as it looks, it is REALLY simple to make!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup organic instant oats
- 3/4- 1 cup boiling water (add as much as you want to get the consistency you prefer)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup (I made my own HERE😊)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic brown sugar
- torch for caramelizing the sugar
Here’s what you do:
- Add the boiling water to the oats and the blueberries.
- Add in the maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar. Stir well.
- Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar on the top of the oatmeal.
- Use a torch to caramelize the brown sugar. You want to allow the flame to sit above the sugar, but close enough that the sugar will begin to bubble. Run the torch over the sugar for about 3-4 minutes. You will see the color darken and when you smell the caramel, it will be done. You can stop whenever you feel that the sugar is done to your liking though…. Just be careful not to scorch or burn the sugar which will happen if you stay in one spot for too long.
That’s it. It is really THAT SIMPLE. ENJOY!
You might also like