In a few weeks, Mike and I will be headed to Switzerland, France, and Italy! I was brushing up on my French today when I got distracted and somehow veered over to the kitchen and felt the need to bake something. (This happens often!) I had some peaches and was feeling like quite the francophile, so I decided to to bake this DELICIOUS Brandy Peach Galette. Oh Mon Dieu! I am so glad I did! The brandy compliments the peach flavor in the most amazing way. With a few ingredients, you too can be transported to France easily in your very own kitchen.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- 2 medium/ large ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 pie crust (I used a store-bought one)
- 2 oz of melted butter
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the peaches into 1/4 inch slices and place them in a bowl.
- Add the brandy and turbinado sugar to the peaches in the bowl. Stir the ingredients together and set aside.
- Roll out the pie crust on a floured surface (or make one). Brush the pie crust with the melted butter. Sprinkle the brown sugar on the pie crust, now covered in butter.
- Stack the peaches in the center of the pie crust leaving about an 1 1/2″ border around the edge. This is the excess crust.
- Fold up the excess crust, covering the edge of the peaches around the entire circle.
- If there is any leftover liquid in the bowl, pour it over the peaches.
- Brush the exposed crust with the rest of the butter, This will allow the crust to get golden brown.
- Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes. The crust should start to get brown.
- Lower the temperature in the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for another 7 minutes or until the crust really turns golden brown.
Voila! C’est tout! It is THAT easy!