I am up to my eyeballs in green beans! It’s a good thing I love them. I usually can the extras so I do not to waste them. They are good, but I wanted to sass some jars up a bit- to add some variation. I incorporated some savory spices in a regular jar of green beans, and BAM! The result was these Spicy Pickled Dilly Green Beans. It was important to me to keep these nice and green- and crunchy. (soggy ones are gross…..blah!) These have some kick, as the garlic and red pepper flakes keep it lively! It took about 15 minutes to put a big batch together. In the summer, enjoy them as a great crunchy snack or picnic side dish. Think about how warming these would be to be incorporated in a Bloody Mary in the fall and the cooler months…. YUM!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need to make one jar:
- 2 cups of fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons of dried dill
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
Here’s what you do:
- Cut the ends off the beans and place them in a clean jar.
- Put the dill, garlic, red pepper, and mustard seeds in the jar. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring the vinegar, water, and salt to a boil.Shut off the heat and let it cool for 2 minutes.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the jar with the beans and spices. Let sit for about 5 minutes and then put a cover on the jar. Shake the jar to mix everything together.
- Refrigerate the jar overnight to allow the beans to absorb all the flavors.
You might also like: