As a dog owner, I am always conscious about having my house smell clean and fresh. The problem is, the majority of commercial air fresheners are laden with synthetic chemicals, probable carcinogens, and fake scents. HOW TERRIFYING! In order to breathe clean and healthy air, I created the PERFECT recipe for my very own DIY Natural Reed Diffuser. It took minutes to make. I reused an old vase for the container. Breathing has never been so nice! This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need for about 2 oz
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil (carrier oil)
- 10-15 drops of your favorite Young Living Essential Oil (I like to use Purification or a combination of lavender and vetiver)
- 8-10 natural reeds
- a small-mouthed jar or ceramic vase with a narrow opening
Here’s what you do:
- Mix all ingredients together and fill the jar.
- Place the reeds in the jar. They will soak up the oils and smell AMAZING!
- The scent will stay strong for a week or so. You can flip the reeds and the scent will strengthen again. You can add in a few drops of essential oils to the carrier oil to strengthen it even more.
Enjoy! Breathe easy!
You might also like: