P-U!!!!…… Between my husband Mike and I, after a hike or a run, the car can smell pretty darn rank- not to mention the rest of my house when the shoes come inside. As many of you know, Mike is an ultramarathoner. He recently ran a 103.7 mile race (check out the interview HERE), 54 mile race, and many other training miles. That’s A LOT of miles run through mud, water, brush, and dirt. Add in my measly handful of miles per week, and that is a TON of stink in our shoes! To combat this problem, I made these simple DIY Shoe Deodorizers. It took about 10 minutes to make 4 of these babies, and I am glad I did! I used Blue Spruce and Purification Young Living Essential Oils for a scent to make the stink go away!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s What you need:
- one pair of panty hose or thin sock (FINALLY a good use for my old pantyhose!)
- a 13″ square piece of fabric or a second sock
- 1 -2 tablespoons of baking soda for EACH deodorizer you want to make. Baking soda does a great job of absorbing odors and unpleasant smells.
- 4-5 drops of Purification, or any other Young Living Essential Oil of your choice. Purification is one of the best deodorizers out there!
Here’s what you do:
- Cut both feet of the pantyhose off about 5″ from the toes.
- Fill the feet with 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda. This all depend on the stinkiness of your shoes! Some will come out of the weaving of the pantyhose and that is ok…. You can use a thin sock for this instead of the pantyhose.
- Tie the top closed with a knot.
- Add 5-6 drops of Young Living Essential oils to each baking soda baggie.
- Make about a 6″ diameter circle on a piece of fabric. Cut the circle out.
- Lay the baking soda baggie in the center of the circle you just cut out. Gather up the sides of the fabric circle so that it forms a bag around the baking soda baggie.
- Tie the fabric closed with a piece of ribbon about 10″ long.
Stuff the deodorizers in your shoes and breathe easy!