P-U!!!!……As many of you know, my husband Mike is a trail ultramarathoner. After a hike or a run of his, Mike’s car can smell pretty darn rank- not to mention my house too when his shoes come inside. He is ALWAYS running or hiking some mountain. That means A LOT of miles run through mud, water, brush, and dirt. To combat this rather pungent problem, I made these simple DIY Shoe Deodorizers. It took about 10 minutes to make 4 of these babies, and I am glad I did! I used Blue Spruce and Purification Young Living Essential Oils for a scent to make the stink go away! Thanks to these deodorizers, I can breathe in clean air in my home! Ahhhhhh…..
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Making these DIY Natural Shoe Deodorizers is SUPER simple! What’s also great is that I have also FINALLY found a good use for my old pantyhose! Woot woot!
Here’s What you need:
- one pair of panty hose or thin socks
- a 13″ square piece of fabric or a second sock
- 1 -2 tablespoons of baking soda for EACH deodorizer you want to make. Baking soda does a great job of absorbing odors and unpleasant smells.
- 4-5 drops of Purification, or any other Young Living Essential Oil of your choice. Purification is my favorite st deodorizer out there!
Here’s what you do:
- Cut both feet of the pantyhose off about 5″ from the toes.
- Fill the feet with 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda. This all depend on the stinkiness of your shoes! Some will come out of the weaving of the pantyhose and that is ok…. You can use a thin sock for this instead of the pantyhose.
- Tie the top closed with a knot.
- Add 5-6 drops of Young Living Essential oils to each baking soda baggie.
- Make about a 6″ diameter circle on a piece of fabric. Cut the circle out.
- Lay the baking soda baggie in the center of the circle you just cut out. Gather up the sides of the fabric circle so that it forms a bag around the baking soda baggie.
- Tie the fabric closed with a piece of ribbon about 10″ long.
Stuff the deodorizers in your shoes and breathe easy!
You also might like: