Guinness and Irish Cream! The perfect combination! Throw chocolate in there, and WOW! Life doesn’t get much better! Perfect for a great dessert, especially for St. Patrick’s Day. I was surprised at how easy these were to make. They are (were) so delicious, as they have disappeared quite fast! 🙂
This May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
This recipe has been adapted from Baking With Whiskey
For the Cookie:
- 1 cup Guinness beer
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sour cream
For the Irish Cream Filling:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ¼-½ cup of Irish Cream, Bailey’s, Molly’s, or Carolan’s are great choices.
Here’s what you do:
To make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Combine Guinness and butter in saucepan and heat until butter is melted. Bring to simmer, then add in cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Let cool completely.
- Mix sour cream and eggs until fully combined, then add in cooled Guinness mixture. Sift dry ingredients together, then fold into batter.
- Chill for about ten minutes.
- Scoop batter onto a lined cookie sheets with several inches between each cookie. (You can use whatever size scoop you want, depending on how big or small you want the Whoopie Pies to be. I personally used a 1 ounce scoop for mine.)
- Bake 10-13 minutes.
To make the Irish Cream Filling:
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the sifted powdered sugar and mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually add the Irish Cream until filling is of desired consistency.
- Spread on the Irish Cream filling on the inside of one cookie.
- Sandwich with a second cookie.
Variations: You can make cupcakes in stead of cookies.