I LOVE Maple Syrup? Do you?!?!?!?! I just finished making my fourth batch of maple syrup this year. So far, we have 5 gallons of this liquid gold! That leaves no limitation to using this sweet stuff on everything I possibly can! Today’s use- using it to make this Healthy Maple Nut Granola. Packed with nuts, seeds, and grains, roasted PERFECTLY with my homemade maple syrup, offers a sweet protein packed punch. If you have less than 5 minutes to mix the ingredients, you can make a batch of this Healthy Maple Nut Granola all for yourself. You can tailor it to your liking, using the nuts, seeds, and even dried fruits of your choice. The possibilities are endless! I will eat this granola in copious amounts as a snack, as a topping on yogurt and other dishes, and to fuel my body while hiking. You need this granola in your life!!!!….
This May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I used almonds , walnuts, and cashews)
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or any other dried fruit of your choice *optional
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips *optional
- Parchment paper to line the cookie tray
**** You can add any kind of nut, seed, fruit, or chocolate you want!
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Toss the nuts, seeds, oats, and cinnamon, in a bowl to incorporate well.
2. Pour in the maple syrup and stir the mixture really well so that everything gets coated.
3. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet. Make sure it is not too thick- 1/2 an inch should be the thickest you should go so that everything roasts evenly.
4. Bake for 40 minutes stirring 2 to 3 times until the granola get nice and golden brown. You do not want your granola to have any moisture in it.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Add in the dried fruit and chocolate chips once cooled.
6. Store in an airtight container. ENJOY!
You might also like: