Let the barrage of advertisements, music, shopping, crowds begin….. Holiday season is here! Stop the madness in its tracks by indulging in a nice soak using some Peppermint Bath Fizzies! Sit back, grab a glass of wine, and breathe in the calmness in a relaxing bath. If you are not the bath-taking kind of person, make these as holiday gifts to share the love! These are so ridiculously easy to make! This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid (cleaning agent and reactive fizzy)
- 1 cup corn starch (thickening agent)
- 1 cup epsom salt (detoxifier)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 3-4 drops of Peppermint Young Living Essential OIls (I only use these because they are 100% pure, potent, and smell amazing!)
- 1-2 drops food coloring ***** optional
- non-reactive mold of your choice (silicone, stainless steel, plastic…)
Here’s what you do:
- Mix together the baking soda, citric acid, corn starch, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix together the water, almond oil, and Young Living Essential Oil in another bowl. Add the food coloring if you choose.
- SLOWLY, and I mean slowly, add the liquid to the dry ingredients, one or two drops at a time and keep whisking the mixture. The second you add the wet ingredients, a chemical reaction happens- the volcano eruption we all used to make as kids. Adding the liquid one or two drops at a time moistens the dry ingredients, but doesn’t make it bubble. You want the consistency to be like wet sand that sticks together when you squeeze it.
- Once everything is incorporated, press the mixture into the mold of your choice.
- I have to admit, I didn’t have any fancy shaped molds. I used a stainless steel measuring cup as my mold.
- You can remove the fizzies as soon as they are pressed into the mold. Be gentle when handling them as they may crumble at this point.
- Set the the fizzies on a piece of waxed paper to dry for a few hours. Packup these fizzies in an airtight container, and enjoy!!!
Spread the love and relax! 🙂
You also may like: