Healthy Pumpkin Maple Walnut Cookies
The flavor of the autumn season is definitely showcased in these amazing Pumpkin Maple Nut Cookies! The texture of these cookies are light, fluffy, yet spicy and warm. I look forward to these cookies each year! I am so excited this year because I used my own homemade Maple Syrup! These are a great served with some hot apple cider or a big glass of milk!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 stick of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil sprayed from a MISTO.
- Combine the maple syrup, pumpkin vanilla, and egg in a blender until smooth.
- With an electric mixer, whip up the butter until fluffy in another bowl.
- In one last bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir in half of the pumpkin mixture with the butter. Add in half the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Repeat until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Mix in the walnuts.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of the batter 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 17-20 minutes until the bottom edges are just turning brown. Remove cookies from the oven and set them on a rack to cool.