I love donuts. It is such a treat to eat donuts when they are more healthy than the average store bought kind. For starters, these Less Guilt Salted Caramel Baked Donuts are all natural and made almost entirely with organic ingredients. Also, they are not fried in scary oils OR contain large amounts of artificial sweeteners. So indulge, dive in, and enjoy yourself some donuts! They are SO easy to make and I think they taste so much better than ANY donut you can buy!
This Post May Contain Affiliate LInks
Here’s what you need:
- Donut Baking Pan
- 1/2 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cups organic sugar (less processed and vegan)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of organic flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup light, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 organic chocolate chips *optional
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coarse Himalayan pink salt for sprinkling
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Blend together the butter, sugar, and vanilla,
- Whisk in the egg.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Add the wet and dry mixtures together.
- Blend in the milk and mix together thoroughly.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until donuts are golden brown.
For the glaze:
- Bring brown sugar, butter, and coconut milk to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Be sure to stir the ingredients constantly. This should take 1 minute or so. Be careful that the heat isn’t too high or the mixture will burn.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Glaze the donuts immediately. Sprinkle with some coarse Himalayan salt.
Enjoy your healthy donuts! You can make any variation you want. For different glazes, you can use cinnamon and sugar, melted chocolate, nutella, etc…..
You also might like