Today was one of the hottest days of the season so far in New York. It was also one of the busiest days I’ve had at work as well. When I came home after my long day, the absolute last thing I wanted to do was cook and turn on the stove. I didn’t want to make things any hotter! I was literally trying to think of “cool” things to eat and cucumbers kept coming to mind. You know, I wanted to be as “cool as a cucumber”! Cilantro also has such a light crisp taste to it, and it reminds me of a refreshing feeling. Problem solved… I whipped up this Chilled Cucumber Cilantro Soup in less than five minutes. What a treat it was to eat such a healthy, quick dinner, AND enjoy a wonderful evening outside on the deck relaxing. No cooking necessary! This summer soup will definitely be added to my repertoire of YUMMY and easy meals to make!
This Post may Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- One large cucumber, sliced ( I diced a few extra slices and sprinkled them in the soup after it was blended to add a cool crisp crunch factor!)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Tamari sauce (soy sauce that is made gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4- 1/2 cup water to make it the consistency that you would like
- 4-5 ice cubes
Here’s what you do:
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. I used the ninja kitchen system because it is one of the best blenders out there.
- Add in the small chunks of diced cucumber to the blended mix to add to the crisp, crunch factor.
- Garnish with slices of cucumber and cilantro . You can also top it with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt,
You might also like: