Glancing at the wall in my living room not too long ago, I realized that I needed to fill the space with something big. My decor is very nature oriented and minimal, so naturally, the space needed to be taken up with something that fit the bill! Well, this Tree Art definitely fit the bill as it cost about $20.00 to make! Being new to blogging, I don’t have pictures to share in the step-by step process of making of it. However, follow these steps and you will make something unique and personalized!
This Post Contains Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2″ plywood (cut to whatever size you want)
- Painter’s tape
- Wood stain (I used MiniWax Golden Oak)
- One quart of latex paint
- Stain brush and paint roller
- Picture Frame Hanging Hardware and nails
Here’s what you do:
- Cut and Lightly sand the plywood to the size and shape you desire. (Home Depot or Lowes gives one cut free)
- Stain the plywood according to the directions of the manufacturer.
- When dry, use the painter’s tape to create the design you would like to remain to appear as wood.
- Paint your plywood sheet, including all edges, using a roller. Use two coats or what ever seems appropriate to the coverage you want.
- When dry, remove painter’s tape carefully and VOILA! You have Tree Wall Art!
- Secure the picture frame hardware to the back and hang. (Make sure you get the appropriate weight for your board)
You might also like: