Gentlemen, the warm weather is coming soon. Let’s face it, men (and women alike) want to smell cool and fresh, despite the heat and humidity! The challenge- most sprays out there are for women, AND most are laden with synthetic, unpleasant, and sometimes harmful chemicals! Not to mention they cost beaucoup bucks! Your problem is solved! This DIY Men’s Natural Cologne Spray is all natural, made with the purest essential oils, and SMELLS amazing. In no time at all, you can whip this cologne together. It is so inexpensive to make that you can take all the money you saved and buy your significant other something nice…….*hint *hint! 🙂
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Now, you are probably thinking that all essential oils smell girlie…. WRONG! There are tons of oils that do not smell floral or fruit-like at all! In fact, many oils will offer many health benefits as well! Here are some suggestions:
Earthy smells: frankincense, rosemary, Northern Lights black spruce, Balsam fir, cedarwood, tea tree, vetiver (these are all grounding)
Herby: rosemary, peppermint, basil, thyme, lavender, sage, clove, cinnamon, spearmint, wintergreen (these are all calming and grounding)
Citrusy and bright: lemongrass, lemon, lime, bergamot, citronella, grapefruit, orange (these are all energizing)
*Note*- I ONLY use Young Living Essential Oils. They are one of the few brands out there that use steam distillation or cold pressing (NO harmful chemicals) for distillation, they are 100% PURE, and they are VERY potent. A little goes a LONG way! To order, click HERE.
You can make a roller or a spray version. To make a spray, follow all directions for the roller recipe, and follow the additional steps for the spray:
Here’s what you need:
- 20 drops of a Young Living Essential Oil blend (see some blends below)
- 2 teaspoons sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil
- 5 drops of jojoba oil
- 5 drops of vitamin E oil
- 10ml glass roller bottles ( you can get these HERE) *Use glass bottles because citrus oils can degrade the petrochemicals in plastic bottles!
- eyedropper (I use an eyedropper for ease and accuracy)
- 1 tablespoon vodka or witch hazel (this helps the spray diffuse)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin (this helps act as a surfactant to keep the scent on)
- double the amount of essential oils used in the roller recipe (this can be adjusted to preference)
- 2oz glass spray bottle (you can get these HERE)
Here’s what you do:
For the roller
- Add all ingredients to the roller bottle and shake to mix! Roll on neck and pulse points.
For the spray
- Follow the directions for the roller and add in the additional ingredients for the spray recipe. Add water to fill the bottle.
- Spray away and smell GREAT!
Here are some suggestions for blends:
10 drops Northern Lights black spruce
4 drops rosemary
4 drops cedarwood
2 drops lemon
Manly Mint Blend
8 drops peppermint
5 drops spearmint
5 drops vetiver
2 drops rosemary
Prince Charming Blend
8 drops grapefruit
3 drops lemon
2 drops bergamont
4 drops vetiver
3 drops cedarwood
The possibilities are endless!!!! Most of these oils come in The Young Living Premium Starter Kit. Grab yours today and start experimenting!
You also might like: