Winter will be here soon, and Dexter’s will be ready to take on the elements! Each year, winter conditions reek havoc on his pads and paws. Each morning before going to work, Dex gets a walk. The salt from the road often dries the bottom of his pads, sometimes causing cracks and discomfort. After work, Dex usually gets to romp around in the woods and on the trails, and that has its own issues. If it is snowy and icy, snow balls up in between his toes and his feet get cold and painful. This DIY PUP PAW CREAM prevents all of that! With the use of a few ingredients, a protective, moisturizing barrier is formed, keeping Dexter’s paws safe and healthy!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- 2 tablespoons of Shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of grated bees wax
- 1 teaspoon of sweet almond oil
- 6-8 drops of lavender Young Living Essential Oils (I ONLY use these as they are 100% pure, steam distilled or cold pressed, and are SAFE for dogs)
- 4oz glass jar
Here’s what you do:
- In a double boiler (I use a Pyrex bowl that sits in a sauce pan that can heat water), melt the shea butter, bees wax, and coconut oil over low heat.
- Once liquefied, remove from heat. Allow to cool for about 3 minutes. Add the sweet almond oil, and mix to incorporate all oils thoroughly.
- Add in the essential oil and stir.
- Pour into a 4 oz glass jar, and allow to cool. Be sure to store the balm in a glass container if possible because glass is non porous and will keep the integrity of the oils longer.
There you have it! Slather it on your pooches paws as needed! If you would like to purchase Young Living Essential Oils, click here.
You might also like: