If you compare a picture of me from today with my high school senior year picture from 19 years ago, you will probably say that I look EXACTLY the same. That is of course true except the fine lines that have crept up around my eyes and mouth with age. In hopes to stop those wrinkles in their tracks naturally, I made this DIY Wrinkle Cream. Crows feet- YOU DON’T STAND A CHANCE!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Before I dive into the “how to”, I want to explain why this wrinkle cream will be so effective to use. Here are descriptions of the components in the cream:
Essential Oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. An essential oil is obtained by careful steam distillation, but also through cold pressing, of the plant. The purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they were extracted because the plant’s properties are so concentrated. The oils in the DIY Wrinkle Cream are:
- Lavender- Soothes and smooths dry, chapped skin. Great for reducing the signs of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lemon- It contains 68 percent d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant that assists in promoting healthy skin. Clears and clarifies.
- Frankincense- Helps soothe and repair skin, evens out skin tone, and lightens dark spots.
Carrier oils are used as a base oil to “carry” the other ingredients, and your essential oils, in your creation. The purpose of the carrier oil is to add moisturizing and soothing properties to your skin, while also protecting it from irritation from certain undiluted essential oils. These carrier oils often have almost no scent at all. They will not alter the scent of the essential oil that you will use. Some properties of these oils are:
- Coconut Oil– This is one of the most natural moisturizing and hydrating oils that is known!
- Sweet Almond Oil – Helps to keep your skin soft and smooth. It is an anti-inflammatory and powerful anti-oxidant.
- Shea Butter– This is an all natural vitamin A cream and is an extremely rich moisturizer.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/4 cup of raw shea butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 8 drops of frankincense, 8 drops of lemon, 8 drops of lavender Young Living Essential Oil (I only use these as they are pure and potent!)
- Ball glass jelly jar, 4 oz
Here’s what you do:
- In a double boiler, heat the shea butter and coconut oil until it is melted. Remove from the heat once liquefied.
- Add the sweet almond oil and Young Living Essential Oils into the melted mixture and stir to incorporate. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes. Putting it in the refrigerator works great!
- After cooled, with a mixer or a hand mixer, whip the mixture to the “fluff” consistency of spreadable frosting!
- Transfer the whipped mixture to a 4 oz. glass jar. I use Ball Jar brand because they have wide mouths and are easy to use, Do not use plastic because the citrus oils can break down the petrochemicals in the plastics and the integrity can be compromised,
After washing and drying your face, apply a thin layer of the wrinkle cream to your wrinkled parts, Use in crows feet, smile lines, and forehead creases! You should see results after a few weeks! Naturally!
You might also like: