I feel as though I do a zillion loads of laundry a week. Between my athlete husband’s dirty clothes, my dirty dog, and my own sweaty clothes after a workout or dance class, I find myself washing clothes almost every day. I will ONLY use all natural laundry detergents and dryer sheets because wanting to be earth-friendly and being selective about what goes on my family’s skin, is very important to me. Let me tell you though, the cost of all natural products can add up REALLY fast! Well- I was at it again…being dexterous! I made these DIY Wool Dryer Balls! These dryer balls are made of merino wool, scented with 100% pure Young Living Essential Oils, and eliminate static. They contain no harmful synthetic chemicals and smell DIVINE! Because they are reusable, they do not create trash. It is a win-win situation for all! If you have a few minutes, you can make these in no time at all…
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Making DIY Natural Dryer Balls is really easy! Scenting them with Young Living Essential Oils makes my clothes smell great for days!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 skein of Patons Classic Roving Wool
- 1 sock or a leg from pantyhose
- knitting needle or toothpick
- Young Living Essential Oils for scent– I rotate with lavender, peppermint, and citrus fresh
Here’s what you do:
- Take the end of the yarn, and wrap it around your pointer and ring finger about 5 times.
- Take it off your fingers and wrap the yarn around the middle several times.
- Wrap the yard around and around to create a ball. There is not really any right way to do this. Wrap in all directions.
- Continue to wrap the yarn until you have a ball about the size of a tennis ball. Put the first ball into a sock or leg of pantyhose. Tie a knot. Add a second ball and tie a knot. Repeat until you have all the yarnball in the hosiery and knot.
- Wash and dry the balls a few times and the the wool with felt down and shrink to create what looks like a solid ball.
- Add 3-4 drops of the Young Living Essential Oil of your choice to the ball and then just throw in your dryer with a load of wash!
- Refresh your dryer balls with oil when necessary! I put a drop or two on the wool balls every 2-3 weeks.
Easy as that! They can be reused TONS of times!!!!!
You might also like: