Pickles might be one of the greatest things on earth! I love sweet, spicy, tangy, hot, fried, and just about every other pickles there is. Coming from an old Siudy family recipe, these Horseradish pickles top the charts! The sweet and spicy flavors melding together are really what make these pickles stand out! Thanks to the Siudy’s for passing on this recipe, and allowing everyone to experience some greatness!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s What you need:
- 1 1/2 quarts of dill pickles (can be store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white horseradish (get it HOT!!!!)
Here’s what you do:
- Drain the dill pickles and discard the brine. ( I reused the brine and added sliced cucumbers for a lightly flavored dill pickles…. I am a sucker for pickles!)
- Quarter the pickles to create spears.
- Return the pickles to the jar and add the horseradish.
- In a saucepan, boil the sugar, water, and vinegar. After shutting off the heat, allow the liquid to cool for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the liquid into the jar over the pickles.
- Cover the jar with the lid and shake to mix up the horseradish and the liquids.
- Store the jar in the fridge overnight to allow all flavors to be absorbed.
Be ready to taste the best pickles EVER! Enjoy!
You might also like: