Need more aromatherapy in your life? In minutes, make this DIY Natural Sachet and make your world smell amazing! I thought it would be a great idea to make a sachet for my PJ drawer so that I can add some scent to my relaxation routine in the evenings. That trend caught on to my t-shirt drawer, my sock drawer, and my unmentional drawer. Why not have everything I wear help me to keep calm and relaxed throughout the day? You probably have everything in your house already to make this yummy sachet. These make great gifts for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, or just as a gift to say you care! 🙂 They are so easy to make…..This May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need:
- Two 4″ squares of light colored material. Try to use 100% cotton if possible so it can absorb the scent as this is the inner layer. If not, don’t worry. You can recycle t-shirts or other old garments to use for this layer, and/orfor the sachet.
- 3/4 cup of rice
- Two 4 1/2″ wide by 6″ tall pieces of fabric. This can be the pattern or texture of your choice.
- Sewing machine or thread and needle.
- Ribbon to decorate and close the outer layer.
- Pinking Shears (these help prevent fraying)
- 6-8 drops of Young Living Essential Oil. You can choose the scent of your choice. I like to use peppermint, Purification, Lavender, and Peace and Calming.
******** I ONLY use Young Living Essential Oils. They are of the highest quality, PURE, cold-pressed or steam distilled (meaning NO chemicals are used in their production like many store-bought ones), and SAFE. Young Living Essential Oils go through STRICT testing and monitoring procedures to insure their purity and content. They are a Start to Seed company which means that you can trace the lots of oils back to the very fields they were grown on, therefore their production process as well. Click HERE to order Young Living Essential Oils.
Here’s what you do:
1. In a bowl, mix the rice with 6-8 drops of YL Essential Oil. Stir coat well and allow the rice to dry.
2. Cut a 4′ wide by 8″ tall piece out of a light colored fabric. Fold the piece in half and sew down the sides.
3. Sew 3 sides together (the bottom and 2 sides) using a 1/4 seam allowance. Flip the pouch you have now made so that the seams are now inside and iron.
4. When the rice mixture is dry, fill the pouch with the rice.
5. Fold the open seam of the pouch down about 1/4 of an inch and then fold that down another 1/4 of an inch again. Use a wide stitch to see this side closed. ( A wide stitch can be easily opened and to refresh the scent when needed in the future. )
6. Repeat step 3 with the larger two pieces of fabric. Flip and iron.
7. Use pinking shears to cut the top( the open sides) of the outer bag.
8. Put the rice pouch inside the outer bag, and tie closed with ribbon of your choice.
****If you don’t want to, or can’t sew, you can substitute all the sewing by using fusible iron tape.
Enjoy the scent, and relax on a mellow morning………..
You might also like: