DIY Whipped Body Cream made with Mango Butter
If you know me either in person, or by Little Miss Dexterous, you know that I make virtually all of my own skincare and body care products. I’m a little obsessed :). Gone are the days when I will buy (or use) anything laden with synthetic chemicals. For a fraction of the cost, using all organic or natural ingredients, I can make DIY products such as body cream, body butter, body wash, wrinkle creams, etc… I usually use high quality Shea butter, Coconut oil, Young Living Essential Oils, and a few other carrier oils to create these rich, moisturizing, and nourishing products. I was so excited to recently get my hands on some mango butter, and I have made a body cream that tops all others! It is amazing!
This post may contain affiliate links.
I am so excited to use Mango butter in my newest recipe for a body cream. Why is Mango butter such an awesome thing to use? I usually use Better Shea Butter brand Shea Butter. It is the only kind I use because it is pure, unrefined, and continuously meets my high expectations due to its high quality. It is thick, dense, and very rich. It has an amazing nutty scent that is easily complemented by the scents of essential oils. Better Shea Butter gifted me a container of Mango Butter to use in a recipe. (THANK YOU!!!) It was meant to be because I was searching for something to try as an alternative to shea butter that might be a tad bit lighter to use during the blazing hot days of summer here in NY. Mango butter has no scent, and is less dense than Shea Butter. It absorbs into the skin very readily. Perfect for when it is 95º with very high humidity. Also, mango butter is rich in vitamins A, C and E, which help to combat free radicals, therefore protecting and improving the quality of your skin. Its properties help to protect skin from a sunburn as well as soothe sunburned skin. So now I have it made…. Lighter whipped body cream in the summer, and rich, denser cream to use in the cooler months. Life is good. My skin is good! 🙂
Here’s what you need:
- 1/4 cup unrefined mango butter (find it here)
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil (find it here)
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel(find it here)
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet almond oil (find it here)
- 6-8 drops of your favorite Young Living Essential Oil. Stress Away, Lavender, or Citrus Fresh are my favorite to use. (find them here) I ONLY use these because they are 100% pure, steam distilled or cold-pressed, and are harvested sustainably.
- 4oz glass ball jars (find it here)
**** Find MORE Better Shea Butter products HERE!
Here’s what you do:
- In a double boiler, heat the mango butter, aloe vera, and coconut oil until it is melted. Remove from the heat once liquefied. (I use a glass Pyrex bowl that fits inside a saucepan filled with water as a double boiler.)
- Add the sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, and Young Living Essential Oils into the melted mixture and stir to incorporate. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes. Putting it in the refrigerator works great!
- After cooled, with a mixer or a hand mixer, whip the mixture to the “fluff” consistency of spreadable frosting!
- Transfer the whipped mixture to a 4 or 6 oz. glass jar. I use Ball Jar brand because they have wide mouths and are easy to use, Do not use plastic because if you use citrus oils, they can break down the petrochemicals in the plastics and the integrity can be compromised
Slather on your driest parts and enjoy the benefits of amazing feeling skin!
***Financial compensation was not received for this post. A sample product was gifted from Better Shea Butter. Opinions expressed here are my own. I have used their products for YEARS and I LOVE them!
You also might like: