Are you a Thin Mints addict like I am?!?! Making DIY Thin Mints might qualify as being the easiest thing I have made in the kitchen EVER! The entire process to make these DIY THin MInts took me about 30 minutes to make, with much of that time spent waiting for the chocolate to melt. With organic dark chocolate melts, organic crackers, and pure essential oils to flavor, these can be deemed healthy, right? Now, you can have DIY Thin Mint cookies all year round. How exciting is that?
This May Contain Affiliate Links
There’s not much to making knock-off thin mints. Here’s what you need:
- 1-2 bags of dark chocolate candy melts (one 12oz bag coated approximately 18-20 cookies)
- Organic “Ritz” crackers (Find the brand I use HERE)
- Peppermint Young Living Essential Oil (These are safe to ingest, and these oils do not seize up the chocolate like some oils will do!)
- Double Boiler
- Candy fork (optional of course, but makes the dipping so easy)
Here’s what you will do:
- Melt about 1/2 of a bag of dark chocolate candy melts. Use a double boiler so that you can melt the chocolate slowly at a moderate temperature. If the chocolate melts too fast, it might seize and if the temperature is too hot, the chocolate will burn. You can also use microwave to melt the chocolate in small increments and stirring frequently.
- Add the peppermint oil (2-3 drops per 1/2 a bag until you reach the strength you desire.) Stir into the chocolate well.
- Dip plain Ritz crackers in to coat, lift out, and shake excess off. Using a candy fork make this step really easy!
- Place dipped cookies on waxed paper to set. Only refrigerate if it’s not setting, that can make the chocolate bloom (no impact to taste, just appearance).
That’s it! It IS that easy! Enjoy the minty goodness!
You might also like:
Please like & share: