Light, fluffy, applely-cinnamony goodness. Isn’t this German Apple Cinnamon Pancake sure to warm up any chilly morning!? One of my favorite breakfasts in the world. The best part is, it is so simple to make. Within a few minutes, this pancake gets put in the oven and comes out ready to be devoured! I love looking at it too!:) The apples make such a cool configuration. Apple art! This is a healthier version of the traditional pancake….
Here’s what you need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light, unsweetened, coconut milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 apple, sliced
- cinnamon to sprinkle
- honey to drizzle
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the eggs, coconut milk, flour, vanilla, and sugar in a blender. Combine well.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet.
- Arrange the sliced apple in a swirl so that apple covers the entire bottom of the pan. Dust with cinnamon.
- Add the batter from the blender right over the apples. They may float up.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean in the middle of the pancake.
- Remove form the heat and drizzle the top with honey.
You might also like: