Healthy Chocolate Mousse Pie! Yes, you heard that right! I was introduced to this goodness when a dear friend brought this to a gathering the other night. Over our first bites, we began obsessing about how amazing the pie tasted! It was so much fun guessing what healthy ingredients could create something so good. I was even MORE amazed at the fact the pie was vegan and raw,and still decadent and DELICIOUS! Using a few simple ingredients you probably already have in your home, you can create your cake, and eat it too! 🙂
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
The recipe has been adapted from the recipe section of the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
This is a raw, vegan, HEALTHY pie. If I didn’t tell you, you probably would not be able to have guessed it. It is full of protein, antioxidants, and flavor…… Besides how wonderful it is to eat, it is wonderful to not feel guilty after eating a nice big slice!
Here’s what you need:
For the crust:
For the Chocolate Mousse:
- 3 cups cashews, soaked
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup organic coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
Here’s what you do:
For the crust:
- In a blender or a food processor, process 1½ cups dry cashews and ¼ cup of dates until crumbly.
- Spread the mixture over a pie pan and press down to form the crust. Set aside.
For the mousse:
- Soak 3 cups of cashews in water for an hour before ready to make the pie.
- In a blender or a food processor, process the 3 cups soaked cashews, water, honey, coconut oil, cocoa, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Pour contents into the pie crust and refrigerate for 12-24 hours until it becomes solid.
It doesn’t get much better than this!!!!!!
You might also like: