The holiday season is almost here! Can you believe it? Things can get out of control FAST when it comes to the time and expense of buying gifts for friends and family. I LOVE making people happy, but I HATE the thought of fighting crowds to buy generic gifts for them. This DIY Peppermint Scrub solves all my problems! Taking only a few minutes to make, with only a few simple ingredients in my own home, I can make a ton of this stuff with my PJ’s on. Then, after enjoying all the extra time I will have left over, I can enjoy a relaxing peppermint scrub-down of my own in the shower before going to bed! It’s a win-win situation.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
If you want to give your loved ones (or yourself) an amazing experience, this DIY Peppermint Salt Scrub is just the thing! It surely will be a unique gift that they will not get from anyone else! Also, you won’t break the bank and will have some cash leftover to spend on yourself! I promise, you will enjoy making this just as much as the person will love receiving it! 🙂 Have fun!
Here’s what you need to make 4oz:
- 1/4 cup Epsom Salts (exfoliates and smooths skin)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (moisturizes and soothes skin)
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil or grape seed oil (moisturizes skin)
- 4-6 drops of Peppermint Young Living Essential Oil ( I ONLY use these because they are steam distilled and cold pressed without the use of harmful chemicals in production. They are one of the only companies that has a Seed to Seal guarantee, meaning at least a 28 step process that ensures the purity of the oils. You can visit any of the YL farms around the world to see the process and where the oils you purchase come from! That’s really important to me! You can order them HERE )
Here’s what you do:
- In a bowl, mix together the Epsom salts and the coconut oil. (I mix it together with a similar technique to cutting in butter.)
- Add in the almond or grape seed oil, and continue mixing.
- Add in 3-4 drops of the Young Living Essential Oil.
- Pack in a 4 oz glass jar and store.
Scrub down in the shower and rinse well. Caution- coconut oil can be slippery so just take care not to leave any on your shower floor.
There you go! It is that easy! Wrap in a package filled with love, and watch someone smile!
You might also like: