Greetings from an Autumn Wonderland here in NY. It is now September and the temperature is dropping! Last night it was in the 40s, and the air is crisp and nippy just begging for me to make my favorite fall recipes! Cool temperatures, crunchy leaves, and this Hearty, Healthy Vegetarian Bean Chili is what defines the autumn season for me here in NY! Heats you up from the inside out. Carnivores will LOVE this chili as well. It’s a one pot recipe, taking only a few minutes to prep, which leaves me plenty of time to relax and enjoy the season.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Making this Hearty, Healthy Vegetarian Bean Chili is REALLY easy to do. With so little to clean up, I will have more time to enjoy this YUMMY chili and enjoy some free time picking apples and enjoying the outdoors!
What you will need:
- One medium onion
- One tablespoon of the following spices: cumin, black pepper, paprika, chili powder
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of organic tomato paste
- 1 15oz cans of organic black beans
- 1 15 oz can of organic dark red kidney beans
- One medium sweet potato (optional)
- Olive oil for sauteing
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 large carrot
- One jalapeno
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what you do:
- In a large sauce pan or soup pan, saute the onion, garlic, and jalapeno, all which should be chopped and diced into small pieces, for about 2 minutes until soft in olive oil. (I press the garlic with a garlic press to get it into REALLY small pieces! )
- Add in the chopped carrots and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable broth and stir well.
- Add in the cans of drained beans, chopped tomatoes, quinoa, tomato paste, salt and pepper, and all the spices and stir well.
- Allow the chili to simmer for 30-40 minutes. The liquid in the chili will reduce down a bit and the chili will thicken.
- Enjoy the chili on top of tortilla chips, with chopped avocado, cheddar shavings, and garnished with green onions.
Eating this chili makes you feel as though you are wrapped in a WARM blanket! ENJOY!
You might also like: