Did your pooch get too much sun on their snout? Does it feel like sandpaper? Poor thing…. This DIY Snout Sun Cream is just what is needed to soothe rough and uncomfortable snouts! My dog, Dexter, loves the outdoors. If he is not hiking, he is swimming, walking, or just basking in sun in the backyard. I wanted to prevent his nose from getting toasted. Using this special blend of natural ingredients (many of which you probably already have in your home), you will be able to create this amazingly soothing cream in minutes. It also can be used as a moisturizer, and help prevent dry noses in the winter. Let the soothing begin….
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Here’s what you need to make 4oz:
- 2 tablespoons of unrefined organic shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
- 8 drops of Lavender Young Living Essential Oils
***** I ONLY use Young Living Essential Oils, especially when using them with Dexter. They are the highest quality, PURE, cold-pressed or steam distilled (meaning NO chemicals are used in their production like most store-bought ones), and SAFE. Using SAFE oils with dogs is SO important because they metabolize things differently than people. PLEASE DON’T USE ANY ESSENTIAL OILS THAT YOUR DOG WILL INGEST UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE CHEMICAL FREE!!!!! Young Living Essential Oils go through STRICT testing and monitoring procedures to insure their purity and content. They are a Start to Seed company which means that you can trace the lots of oils back to the very fields they were grown on, therefore their production process as well. Click HERE to order Young Living Essential Oils.
Facts about the ingredients:
- Shea Butter– This is known to be a superb moisturizer and has great healing properties for the skin. It contains vitamins A & E which help skin healing.
- Coconut Oil– This is one of the most natural moisturizing and hydrating oils that is known! Coconut oil contains many antioxidants which help to protect and repair damaged skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil – Helps to keep your skin soft and smooth. It is an anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidant.
- Lavender Young Living Essential Oil– This oil is known to help promote healthy skin. It helps to soothe and smooth irritated skin and helps to keep in moisture as well.
Here’s what you do:
- In a double boiler, heat the Shea butter and coconut oil until liquefied. A double boiler is used so that the oils melt, but do not burn or “cook”. I use a Pyrex bowl that sits in a sauce pan. Stir well one melted.
- Remove from heat. Add in the almond oil and lavender Young Living Oil and stir well.
- Pour into a 4 oz glass jar and allow to cool. It will solidify when it cools.
- To use, rub a small amount on your pooch’s nose and watch the soothing happen! 🙂
You might also like: